The choice seems to be between moving closer to the advertised market level and keeping a tenant whose payment record and care of the property are already known. This Lisbon student property is valued around €1,191,000; comparable listings suggest roughly €4,653, while the tenant currently pays about €4,004 reliably.
I favour a limited increase, although that depends on whether those listings are genuinely comparable and how long a replacement letting might take. Vacancy, preparation work and uncertain payment performance could erase the extra rent. How would you approach the review fairly while checking the applicable Portuguese notice and rent requirements? I also want to account properly for maintenance history and deposit handling rather than looking only at the headline difference.
I favour a limited increase, although that depends on whether those listings are genuinely comparable and how long a replacement letting might take. Vacancy, preparation work and uncertain payment performance could erase the extra rent. How would you approach the review fairly while checking the applicable Portuguese notice and rent requirements? I also want to account properly for maintenance history and deposit handling rather than looking only at the headline difference.