green_garden
Property investor
Pushing too hard for the advertised rent could cost more than the increase produces. This Dubai apartment is priced at AED 3,872,000, with the current rent around AED 25,960 and similar listings near AED 27,780. The tenant has a strong payment record and looks after the property well.
I’m comparing a modest increase with leaving the rent unchanged to protect that tenancy. The difference needs to be weighed against a possible vacancy, reletting expenses and work between tenants, rather than viewed as extra income in isolation. I’ll also need to establish what the Dubai rules permit and what notice applies. How would others balance a fair adjustment against the value of keeping a reliable tenant?
I’m comparing a modest increase with leaving the rent unchanged to protect that tenancy. The difference needs to be weighed against a possible vacancy, reletting expenses and work between tenants, rather than viewed as extra income in isolation. I’ll also need to establish what the Dubai rules permit and what notice applies. How would others balance a fair adjustment against the value of keeping a reliable tenant?