One approach is to move the studio toward the apparent Zurich market level; the other is to prioritise keeping a reliable tenant. I’m not convinced either should be followed without first pricing the cost of turnover.
The current rent is about CHF 2,563, while comparable studios are advertised near CHF 2,892. A smaller staged adjustment may make more sense if vacancy, refurbishment and administration would absorb the extra income. I also need to review the maintenance history and verify the permitted basis, timing and notice method locally. What would you check before deciding whether to increase it now or revisit it later?
The current rent is about CHF 2,563, while comparable studios are advertised near CHF 2,892. A smaller staged adjustment may make more sense if vacancy, refurbishment and administration would absorb the extra income. I also need to review the maintenance history and verify the permitted basis, timing and notice method locally. What would you check before deciding whether to increase it now or revisit it later?