Rent increase versus tenant retention for a studio in Warsaw

rue.archer

Homeowner
Established
I need to settle my approach before contacting the tenant. The choice is between moving closer to current asking rents and keeping a reliable tenancy that may be worth more than the extra income.

The Warsaw studio currently brings in about PLN 19,200, while apparently comparable listings are nearer PLN 23,480. The tenant pays on time and looks after the studio. Before treating that gap as achievable, I need to confirm that the advertised properties cover the same period, condition and included costs.

Would a smaller increase be a reasonable compromise once vacancy, turnover work and reletting costs are factored in? I also need to check the lease and the applicable Polish notice and timing requirements before sending anything.
 
First clarify whether both figures cover the same rental period and whether the PLN 23,480 comparables genuinely match the studio’s condition, location and included costs. Asking rent is not necessarily achieved rent.

I’d calculate the cost of even a short vacancy, maintenance between tenants and any deposit reconciliation, then compare that with the extra income from a full increase. A smaller, clearly explained adjustment may be worth more than testing the market. Before writing to the tenant, check the lease and current Polish notice requirements for the tenancy type; don’t assume the contract alone settles the procedure.
 
Back
Top