ravi_james
Property investor
Getting this wrong could mean either losing a dependable tenant for little extra income or allowing the rent to drift too far behind the market. The Sydney studio currently brings in about A$11,860, while the closest advertised examples are around A$13,240. The tenant pays on time and has looked after the place well.
I am leaning towards a modest increase rather than the full gap, but I want to test that properly. How would you weigh achieved market rent, the studio’s maintenance history, vacancy and any work needed between tenancies? I also want future reviews to follow a repeatable process, including correct notice and deposit handling, rather than depending on instinct.
I am leaning towards a modest increase rather than the full gap, but I want to test that properly. How would you weigh achieved market rent, the studio’s maintenance history, vacancy and any work needed between tenancies? I also want future reviews to follow a repeatable process, including correct notice and deposit handling, rather than depending on instinct.