I need to settle on a proposal before beginning the first rent review for my Rome studio. The financial case for an increase is obvious, but I do not want to lose a dependable tenant over an asking-rent comparison that may not reflect completed lettings.
The current rent is about €2,187, while apparently similar studios are advertised near €2,725. Moving all the way to that level could be wiped out by one empty month, refurbishment and the work of changing tenants. On the other hand, leaving the gap untouched may make future reviews more difficult.
How would you choose a moderate figure and present it constructively? I will first check what the contract allows, the required notice and whether those listings truly match the studio’s condition and included expenses.
The current rent is about €2,187, while apparently similar studios are advertised near €2,725. Moving all the way to that level could be wiped out by one empty month, refurbishment and the work of changing tenants. On the other hand, leaving the gap untouched may make future reviews more difficult.
How would you choose a moderate figure and present it constructively? I will first check what the contract allows, the required notice and whether those listings truly match the studio’s condition and included expenses.