WorthyPorch
Homeowner
Raise the rent toward C$9,302 and I may lose a reliable tenant; leave it near C$7,931 and the gap may keep widening. Neither option feels particularly sensible for this Montreal duplex, especially as the tenant pays consistently and looks after the place.
A moderate increase seems more reasonable than aiming for the full asking-rent difference, but I want to compare that with the real cost of vacancy, preparation and reletting. Before discussing a figure, I also need to confirm the applicable Quebec notice requirements and renewal dates. How would others balance those points without damaging a good tenancy?
A moderate increase seems more reasonable than aiming for the full asking-rent difference, but I want to compare that with the real cost of vacancy, preparation and reletting. Before discussing a figure, I also need to confirm the applicable Quebec notice requirements and renewal dates. How would others balance those points without damaging a good tenancy?