Raise the rent toward SEK 20,350 and I may lose a reliable tenant. Leave it at SEK 16,350 and the gap with comparable asking rents remains difficult to ignore.
I would prefer a modest, repeatable review rather than one large adjustment, but first I need to establish which Swedish rules apply to this duplex and whether the comparison properties really match its size, condition, furnishing and location. Advertised rents alone may not provide the right benchmark.
The practical calculation also needs to include likely vacancy time, preparation and reletting costs, maintenance history and the value of consistent payment. How would others weigh that turnover risk, and how would you explain a measured increase without undermining a good tenancy? I also need to understand whether an adjustment has any implications for the deposit.
I would prefer a modest, repeatable review rather than one large adjustment, but first I need to establish which Swedish rules apply to this duplex and whether the comparison properties really match its size, condition, furnishing and location. Advertised rents alone may not provide the right benchmark.
The practical calculation also needs to include likely vacancy time, preparation and reletting costs, maintenance history and the value of consistent payment. How would others weigh that turnover risk, and how would you explain a measured increase without undermining a good tenancy? I also need to understand whether an adjustment has any implications for the deposit.