GentleQuill
Homeowner
My preference is to keep a dependable tenant, but the rent gap is becoming difficult to ignore. The apartment currently brings in about MYR 20,170, while similar Kuala Lumpur listings are being advertised near MYR 22,500.
At renewal, I could hold the rent, suggest a smaller rise, or ask for something nearer the advertised level. A turnover would introduce vacancy and preparation costs, so the headline difference may not be worth pursuing in full. How would landlords here balance that risk, and what should I check in the tenancy agreement about notice and treatment of the deposit?
At renewal, I could hold the rent, suggest a smaller rise, or ask for something nearer the advertised level. A turnover would introduce vacancy and preparation costs, so the headline difference may not be worth pursuing in full. How would landlords here balance that risk, and what should I check in the tenancy agreement about notice and treatment of the deposit?