garden.careful
Developer
$262,000 is the working budget for renovating an 860 sq ft detached house in Seattle, and I’m trying to decide how much of that must remain uncommitted. The plan covers the kitchen and bathrooms, new floors and paint, electrical inspection and some energy-efficiency work, but no addition.
If permits, exploratory openings and contractor exclusions can clarify the concealed work before signing, I would rather build the budget around that firmer scope. If plumbing access, moisture or wiring still cannot be assessed, I need a larger reserve. What would you ask contractors to price separately, and when in the permit process would you expect those uncertainties to become clearer?
If permits, exploratory openings and contractor exclusions can clarify the concealed work before signing, I would rather build the budget around that firmer scope. If plumbing access, moisture or wiring still cannot be assessed, I need a larger reserve. What would you ask contractors to price separately, and when in the permit process would you expect those uncertainties to become clearer?