I need to settle the working allowance before moving from preliminary planning to firm contractor quotes. The trade-off is whether to keep the current €176,400 budget for this 245 m² Dublin student housing property or increase the reserve before the hidden conditions are properly tested.
The intended work includes kitchens, bathrooms, floors, painting, electrical assessment and moderate energy improvements. There is no extension in the plan. I am less worried about finishes than about moisture sources, concealed plumbing, electrical remedial work and the order in which rooms can be taken out of use.
What would you require the surveyor and bidders to investigate before choosing a contingency? I want each quote to distinguish testing from repairs and to state assumptions about access, opening up, reinstatement, waste and drying time. If permission or permit timing is unresolved, would you hold a larger reserve now or delay fixing the budget until the scope is confirmed?
The intended work includes kitchens, bathrooms, floors, painting, electrical assessment and moderate energy improvements. There is no extension in the plan. I am less worried about finishes than about moisture sources, concealed plumbing, electrical remedial work and the order in which rooms can be taken out of use.
What would you require the surveyor and bidders to investigate before choosing a contingency? I want each quote to distinguish testing from repairs and to state assumptions about access, opening up, reinstatement, waste and drying time. If permission or permit timing is unresolved, would you hold a larger reserve now or delay fixing the budget until the scope is confirmed?