Getting the hidden work wrong could exhaust the budget before the apartment is usable. The current allowance is S$65,720 for a 180 m² serviced apartment, covering refurbishment of the kitchen and bathrooms along with floors, painting, electrical review and some efficiency improvements. There is no extension in the plan.
I’m more worried about inaccessible plumbing, moisture and permit delays than finishes. What should be investigated before asking contractors to firm up their prices, and which exclusions should be stated in writing? My next step may be to simplify the layout, but I would first like to know whether opening wet areas or gaining pipe access could disrupt the whole sequence.
I’m more worried about inaccessible plumbing, moisture and permit delays than finishes. What should be investigated before asking contractors to firm up their prices, and which exclusions should be stated in writing? My next step may be to simplify the layout, but I would first like to know whether opening wet areas or gaining pipe access could disrupt the whole sequence.