I have compared preliminary contractor figures against an AED 626,300 budget for a 125 m², two-bedroom Dubai apartment. What remains unclear is whether the quotes describe the same job: each leaves out different parts of the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decoration, electrical checks and energy work.
Before choosing a reserve, I need to know whether plumbing can be inspected without extensive opening up, who pays for moisture damage or reinstatement, and when building approvals and materials would affect the sequence. If those points can be investigated before contract, I would price the identified work and keep a smaller pot for surprises. If access remains restricted, I would want a distinct existing-condition allowance rather than assume the cheapest quote is complete. What evidence would you ask the surveyor and contractors to provide?
Before choosing a reserve, I need to know whether plumbing can be inspected without extensive opening up, who pays for moisture damage or reinstatement, and when building approvals and materials would affect the sequence. If those points can be investigated before contract, I would price the identified work and keep a smaller pot for surprises. If access remains restricted, I would want a distinct existing-condition allowance rather than assume the cheapest quote is complete. What evidence would you ask the surveyor and contractors to provide?