I can either hold a large contingency within the €335,600 budget or spend more now on opening up concealed areas; neither option feels comfortable while the scope is still loose. The first leaves the programme uncertain, while the second may cause disruption without resolving the important questions.
This is a 110 m² Munich duplex covering the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decoration, an electrical review and moderate energy work, with no extension. I’m less convinced that one contingency percentage will solve the problem. I would rather verify the condition of the wiring and plumbing, responsibility for any shared services, and whether permit timing affects the sequence. What should the surveyor inspect first, and which exclusions—such as disposal, making good or electrical alterations—should every contractor price explicitly?
This is a 110 m² Munich duplex covering the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decoration, an electrical review and moderate energy work, with no extension. I’m less convinced that one contingency percentage will solve the problem. I would rather verify the condition of the wiring and plumbing, responsibility for any shared services, and whether permit timing affects the sequence. What should the surveyor inspect first, and which exclusions—such as disposal, making good or electrical alterations—should every contractor price explicitly?