REALTOR.ca for a Miami villa search from the US

I’m in Seattle and used REALTOR.ca while looking for a villa around Miami. Coverage was useful, and days-on-market was the field I valued most. However, duplicate listings, stale status and inconsistent floor-area figures made comparisons harder than expected.

The main gap was not knowing how fresh each listing was or what the next transaction step would be after contacting an advertiser. I’m interested in how others assess this, particularly the mobile filters, map-pin accuracy, saved-search alerts and what happens after an enquiry.
 
Days-on-market loses much of its value if duplicate or stale entries remain visible. Were the duplicates clearly the same property and price, or did they have different details? That distinction matters: one can be easy deduplication, while the other may reflect conflicting listing inputs. I’d want an obvious freshness date before relying on any ranking or alert.
 
I wouldn’t put every floor-area discrepancy on the portal. Advertisers may enter area differently, so the useful test is whether the listing explains what the number covers. The same caution applies to map pins, which can be approximate. After contact, were you able to tell which record was active and reconcile the area, price history or location?
 
The duplicates appeared to represent the same homes, but the inconsistent fields made it difficult to decide which entry should be treated as current. That carried into the contact step: before making an enquiry, I wanted a clearer indication of the active record and what information the advertiser would need next. On mobile, preserving a tightly filtered Miami search would also matter more to me than simply showing a large result count.
 
A practical workaround is to keep a short comparison sheet with the address, asking price, floor-area wording, days-on-market and the date you last saw the status. It is tedious, but it exposes duplicates quickly. I’d also make saved alerts very narrow; otherwise repeated or stale entries could create noise. Any floor area, pin location and current status still need confirmation after contact.
 
I’m less convinced that saved-search alerts solve the main problem. Faster alerts can just deliver uncertain information faster. Freshness and duplicate control should come first, followed by links to price history or sold records where available. For mobile, I’d judge the experience by whether filters survive between sessions and whether an enquiry clearly identifies the exact listing being discussed.
 
Back
Top