REALTOR.ca for a Denver new-build search: useful commute view, messy comparisons

AdaBrooks

Mortgage adviser
Established
I’m in Seattle and used REALTOR.ca while looking at new-build flats around Denver. Coverage was useful and commute-time information helped narrow locations, but duplicate listings, stale status and inconsistent floor-area entries made comparisons harder than expected.

The main uncertainty is whether I can trust a listing enough to contact the advertiser, or whether I need to verify everything elsewhere first. I’d be interested in how others assess freshness, map-pin accuracy and the next step after making contact, particularly on mobile.
 
From that description, I wouldn’t rely on it as the only comparison tool. Before contacting anyone, group apparent duplicates by development, address, price and floor area rather than treating each result as a separate option. Were the duplicate entries identical, or did they show conflicting prices or status? That distinction would tell you whether the problem is repetition or genuinely inconsistent information.
 
I’d put less weight on commute time than you do unless the map pin is clearly accurate. A convenient-looking journey calculated from the wrong point could distort the shortlist more than a missing floor-area field.

Also check what each area figure appears to include; two numbers are not necessarily comparable just because both are labelled as floor area. Price history and links to sold records would help resolve uncertainty, but only if the portal provides them consistently.
 
For a practical test, save a small set of listings and note the date, displayed status, price, area and pin location. Then watch whether saved-search alerts reflect later changes and whether mobile filters preserve the same shortlist as the desktop search. When contacting an advertiser, ask them to confirm current availability and the exact floor-area basis. That should separate presentation problems from inaccurate underlying listing details.
 
Back
Top