Part of me wants to reduce the gap with the market, while another part thinks a reliable tenant is worth accepting some discount. The current amount is QAR 31,010 for the period, compared with roughly QAR 37,930 indicated by similar Doha properties.
Before changing anything, I plan to check whether those comparables reflect achieved terms, how the properties differ, and what the relevant renewal and notice requirements allow. Then I would compare a modest step-up with the likely cost of a void, reletting and taking a chance on someone new.
Would you increase gradually now, hold the figure for another term, or agree on improvements before revisiting it? I want to prevent the difference from widening without turning a good tenancy into an avoidable vacancy.
Before changing anything, I plan to check whether those comparables reflect achieved terms, how the properties differ, and what the relevant renewal and notice requirements allow. Then I would compare a modest step-up with the likely cost of a void, reletting and taking a chance on someone new.
Would you increase gradually now, hold the figure for another term, or agree on improvements before revisiting it? I want to prevent the difference from widening without turning a good tenancy into an avoidable vacancy.