The tenant has been reliable, looks after the place and currently pays R$33,510, so I am hesitant to chase the advertised market figure of about R$35,650. This is a student-housing property in Rio valued around R$5,096,000, and one empty month could wipe out much of the annual gain before cleaning or reletting.
There is also a fairly long list of genuine maintenance jobs to address. I am considering completing those and proposing a smaller increase, perhaps with a phased renewal, rather than demanding the full gap immediately. What would make that balance unfair, and which notice dates or contract terms should I confirm locally before approaching the tenant?
There is also a fairly long list of genuine maintenance jobs to address. I am considering completing those and proposing a smaller increase, perhaps with a phased renewal, rather than demanding the full gap immediately. What would make that balance unfair, and which notice dates or contract terms should I confirm locally before approaching the tenant?