Two agents have given me quite different valuations for a Boston apartment. The higher proposal is naturally appealing, but I’ve noticed comparable listings that launched ambitiously sitting for roughly 99 days before cutting their prices. I’m concerned that testing the market could mean missing the strongest first-week interest rather than protecting the final result.
For anyone with a recent completed sale in Boston, did starting high help your eventual price, or did you wish you had listed closer to where buyers were likely to act? It would also be useful to know the neighbourhood, condition, timing of any reduction, and whether buyer financing or seller urgency affected the outcome. I’m interested in closed results rather than an agent’s pitch, and I realise the answer may change even across nearby neighbourhood boundaries.
For anyone with a recent completed sale in Boston, did starting high help your eventual price, or did you wish you had listed closer to where buyers were likely to act? It would also be useful to know the neighbourhood, condition, timing of any reduction, and whether buyer financing or seller urgency affected the outcome. I’m interested in closed results rather than an agent’s pitch, and I realise the answer may change even across nearby neighbourhood boundaries.