Phoenix four-bed inventory in June 2025: is the 4.1% gap meaningful?

anika_vale

Real estate agent
Established
I’m tracking Phoenix four-bedroom property in June 2025 and the mix seems to be changing. There are more listings, but not many I’d actually buy. Homes needing work are lingering, while one part of the source data describes well-presented warehouses moving in roughly 24 days—which may be a category mismatch rather than a useful comparison.

The visible difference between asking prices and completed deals is about 4.1%. Is that seasonal noise or growing buyer selectivity? I’d be interested in completed transactions or direct neighbourhood observations, not just citywide headlines.
 
First clarify how that 4.1% was calculated. Is it the difference between final list price and sale price for properties that closed in June, or today’s asking prices compared with older completed sales? Those measure different things. I’d also remove the warehouse records entirely before drawing conclusions about four-bed homes. How many actual closings are in the sample, and which Phoenix neighbourhoods?
 
I wouldn’t dismiss the pattern solely because the categories need cleaning. More choice alongside a shortage of acceptable homes can produce exactly this split: prepared listings move, compromised ones require negotiation.

Still, 24 days and 4.1% mean little without transaction volume. I’d separate June closings by neighbourhood and condition, record original ask, final ask, sold price and days on market, then compare with the preceding months. Save the extraction date too, since June figures may be revised. That should distinguish a broad shift from seasonal or sample noise.
 
Back
Top