Paris listings: headline figures versus the street-level picture

celine.chase

Homeowner
Either 21 days points to healthy demand, or the slower villas are being held back by condition and energy performance; neither explanation feels reliable from asking prices alone. My sample covers mostly villas advertised between €945,800 and €1,419,000, and a renovated property on one street may not be comparable with an inefficient one a few streets away.

I’m therefore looking for recent completed transactions within clearly defined Paris neighbourhoods. Are price reductions or withdrawals becoming more common, and are buyers running into financing limits? I’d like to compare those records before treating energy performance as the main cause.
 
I wouldn’t put energy performance first without separating the sample by neighbourhood and property condition. “Villa in Paris” is already a narrow category, and two nearby-looking listings may appeal to quite different buyers. Also, 21 days visible doesn’t reveal whether a home was previously withdrawn and relisted.

How many listings are in the sample, and are they genuinely within Paris rather than being grouped under a broader search area?
 
Seller motivation may be the missing variable. Watch what happens after the first price reduction: a meaningful change can indicate a real intention to sell, while repeated small cuts may leave the property looking stale. I’d track new listings, cuts and withdrawals separately, then compare only similar streets and condition. Completed numbers will lag, but that approach should show whether energy performance is actually driving the pattern or merely overlapping with overpriced renovation stock.
 
Back
Top