I’m considering a 4-bed detached home in Osaka at about ¥126,200,000. After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I should have roughly ¥6,426,000 left in cash.
The inspection report is long, although the home appears basically sound, and there may be ordinary work during the first year. Before deciding whether the price is too close to my limit, how would you divide that remaining cash among emergency savings, moving, immediate repairs and furniture? I also need to allow for insurance excess, any service charges and the first mortgage payment. I would rather buy slightly below my maximum than have every small defect become a financial emergency.
The inspection report is long, although the home appears basically sound, and there may be ordinary work during the first year. Before deciding whether the price is too close to my limit, how would you divide that remaining cash among emergency savings, moving, immediate repairs and furniture? I also need to allow for insurance excess, any service charges and the first mortgage payment. I would rather buy slightly below my maximum than have every small defect become a financial emergency.