measureTheEmber
Property investor
Choosing the lower bid before identifying its omissions could leave me committed to a renovation that the budget cannot finish. I am working with a preliminary allowance of ¥21,560,000 for a 195 m² duplex in Osaka, yet two contractors have returned very different prices for what should be comparable work.
The intended project covers kitchens and bathrooms, new floor finishes, painting, an assessment of the electrics and modest efficiency improvements. There is no planned extension. Before deciding, I want to understand the electrical scope, check likely moisture areas and find out whether material lead times will disrupt the sequence. What investigations would you commission first, and how much contingency would you keep outside the contract until those unknowns are narrowed?
The intended project covers kitchens and bathrooms, new floor finishes, painting, an assessment of the electrics and modest efficiency improvements. There is no planned extension. Before deciding, I want to understand the electrical scope, check likely moisture areas and find out whether material lead times will disrupt the sequence. What investigations would you commission first, and how much contingency would you keep outside the contract until those unknowns are narrowed?