I’m looking at a Sydney student-housing property listed for A$478,800. It has been available for 72 days and needs updating. Nearby asking prices are similar, but I can’t find enough completed sales to establish where buyers are actually settling.
I’m considering opening 9% below asking, supported by clean financing and flexibility on the completion date. How would you explain the figure without antagonising the seller? The agent keeps saying somebody else will waive protections, but I’m reluctant to give up inspection or finance conditions. I’m also conscious of valuation risk, repair costs and exposing the deposit if the deal goes wrong.
I’m considering opening 9% below asking, supported by clean financing and flexibility on the completion date. How would you explain the figure without antagonising the seller? The agent keeps saying somebody else will waive protections, but I’m reluctant to give up inspection or finance conditions. I’m also conscious of valuation risk, repair costs and exposing the deposit if the deal goes wrong.