A small change in my thinking is that 79 days on the market may say less about negotiating room than the seller’s actual reason for moving. I’m considering a Madrid studio listed at €694,600 that needs updating, and the nearby listings are broadly similar. What I still lack is a solid set of completed transactions showing where comparable studios have sold.
My tentative opening is 9% under the asking price, presented with evidence of the condition, proof that the financing is in place and flexibility over completion if that is useful to the seller. Could that invite a counteroffer, or is it aggressive enough to end the discussion?
I also need to decide what would alter the offer rather than just make it look cleaner. An appraisal gap could affect the amount I can safely pay, while weakening inspection or financing protection could expose the deposit. Would buyers in Madrid usually price visible updating into the first bid and retain inspection rights for unknown defects, or negotiate a credit afterward? I would also appreciate a local view on a sensible response deadline and how to investigate the listing history and seller motivation.
My tentative opening is 9% under the asking price, presented with evidence of the condition, proof that the financing is in place and flexibility over completion if that is useful to the seller. Could that invite a counteroffer, or is it aggressive enough to end the discussion?
I also need to decide what would alter the offer rather than just make it look cleaner. An appraisal gap could affect the amount I can safely pay, while weakening inspection or financing protection could expose the deposit. Would buyers in Madrid usually price visible updating into the first bid and retain inspection rights for unknown defects, or negotiate a credit afterward? I would also appreciate a local view on a sensible response deadline and how to investigate the listing history and seller motivation.