Offering 9% below asking on a Manila retail unit — sensible or too aggressive?

field.sage

Property investor
Established
Offering near the asking price feels difficult to justify, but starting 9% lower could end the conversation before the seller considers the terms. The Manila retail unit is listed at PHP 66,700,000, has been on the market for 76 days and requires updating. Comparable listings are close in price, though completed-sale evidence is thin.

Would a 9% reduction be credible if it is supported by financing proof and flexible completion? I want the offer to focus on what I can support, not on criticising the seller’s price. I also need to decide on the response deadline and how to handle inspection, a low appraisal and financing without exposing too much of the deposit.
 
Nine percent below is not inherently insulting, but support it with the updating costs and the limited evidence from completed sales rather than the 76 days alone. Present the financing proof, flexible timing and a short, clear response deadline as benefits to the seller.

Before offering, try to learn whether the seller values speed, certainty or price most. I would not waive inspection protection, and any repair credit should follow the findings rather than be guessed now. Also define what happens if the appraisal is low and how much deposit is exposed if financing fails. The cleanest offer is not necessarily the one with every contingency removed.
 
Back
Top