Opening 9% under the €1,237,000 asking price may create room to negotiate, but starting closer to the listing risks paying more than the limited sales evidence supports. Neither option feels comfortable for this Brussels duplex, which has been listed for 49 days and needs updating.
My current plan is a conditional offer supported by financing proof and flexible timing, with a short explanation based on the visible work and the lack of strong completed comparables. I would keep the financing and inspection protections rather than trade them away for a better reception.
Would you set the initial figure first and leave repair credits for genuine inspection findings? I also need to decide on a reasonable response period and understand how an appraisal shortfall could affect the deposit before submitting anything.
My current plan is a conditional offer supported by financing proof and flexible timing, with a short explanation based on the visible work and the lack of strong completed comparables. I would keep the financing and inspection protections rather than trade them away for a better reception.
Would you set the initial figure first and leave repair credits for genuine inspection findings? I also need to decide on a reasonable response period and understand how an appraisal shortfall could affect the deposit before submitting anything.