Offering HK$6,637,800 gives me negotiating room but may cause the seller to dismiss me; moving closer to HK$7,215,000 feels premature without stronger sale evidence. The condo has been listed for 88 days and requires updating, while the nearby figures I can find are mostly current listings rather than completed transactions.
Is an opening bid 8% under the asking price reasonable if it comes with clear proof of financing and flexibility over completion? I would keep the explanation brief and tied to the work required and the limited comparable evidence. I do not want to surrender inspection or financing protection just to improve the offer, though. How would you set the response deadline and deal with a valuation shortfall or deposit exposure if the appraisal comes in low?
Is an opening bid 8% under the asking price reasonable if it comes with clear proof of financing and flexibility over completion? I would keep the explanation brief and tied to the work required and the limited comparable evidence. I do not want to surrender inspection or financing protection just to improve the offer, though. How would you set the response deadline and deal with a valuation shortfall or deposit exposure if the appraisal comes in low?