Offering 8% under asking feels defensible after 115 days, but starting nearer €749,800 leaves less room for the updating work. Neither option is comfortable because there is little evidence here about what comparable retail units have actually sold for.
Would strong proof of financing and a flexible completion date make the lower opening more credible? I would explain it through the condition and available market evidence rather than criticising the property. I do not want to give up inspection or financing conditions, since unexpected repairs, a low appraisal or losing the deposit could matter far more than getting the seller’s immediate approval.
Is there a sensible way to ask the agent what is motivating the seller before choosing the figure?
Would strong proof of financing and a flexible completion date make the lower opening more credible? I would explain it through the condition and available market evidence rather than criticising the property. I do not want to give up inspection or financing conditions, since unexpected repairs, a low appraisal or losing the deposit could matter far more than getting the seller’s immediate approval.
Is there a sensible way to ask the agent what is motivating the seller before choosing the figure?