booksAndTable
Seller
Getting the opening figure wrong could either mean overpaying or losing the seller before a serious discussion begins. The Auckland student housing is listed at NZ$1,617,000, has spent 110 days on the market and requires updating. There are similar properties advertised nearby, but the completed-sale evidence is thin.
I am considering an initial offer 7% lower, around NZ$1.504m, supported by financing evidence and flexibility over completion. I would keep the conditions limited to finance and protection against major unknown costs. Should the explanation focus on the lack of completed comparables and the required work, and would it be better to seek a repair credit after inspection rather than argue over every defect upfront?
I am considering an initial offer 7% lower, around NZ$1.504m, supported by financing evidence and flexibility over completion. I would keep the conditions limited to finance and protection against major unknown costs. Should the explanation focus on the lack of completed comparables and the required work, and would it be better to seek a repair credit after inspection rather than argue over every defect upfront?