I’ve worked out that 7% below the asking price would be about $404,550, which raises a more useful question than whether the percentage sounds polite: what evidence would justify that number?
The five-bedroom Austin condo is listed at $435,000 and has sat for 99 days. It is dated, but I have not found enough relevant completed sales to separate a genuine discount from an optimistic list price. Similar active listings do not settle that.
I can show solid financing and offer some flexibility on completion. I would not want those strengths cancelled out by waiving inspection, financing or appraisal protection, especially if the appraisal comes in below the contract price. Would a short explanation plus a reasonable response deadline be credible, or should I first find out whether there has been a previous reduction and what is driving the seller’s timing?
The five-bedroom Austin condo is listed at $435,000 and has sat for 99 days. It is dated, but I have not found enough relevant completed sales to separate a genuine discount from an optimistic list price. Similar active listings do not settle that.
I can show solid financing and offer some flexibility on completion. I would not want those strengths cancelled out by waiving inspection, financing or appraisal protection, especially if the appraisal comes in below the contract price. Would a short explanation plus a reasonable response deadline be credible, or should I first find out whether there has been a previous reduction and what is driving the seller’s timing?