A 7% opening reduction does not seem absurd, but the thin record of completed duplex sales is my main concern. The Los Angeles property is listed at $1,395,000, has spent 28 days on the market and appears to require a meaningful update.
We can provide strong financing evidence and accommodate the seller on closing timing. I would keep the explanation brief, set a reasonable response deadline and avoid presenting the offer as a verdict on the property. What would change my approach is evidence of competing bids, the tenancy position of either unit or a valuation supporting the list price. I am not comfortable waiving inspection, finance or appraisal protection, and I would rather negotiate repair credits after specific defects are identified. How should we cap any appraisal-gap contribution and protect the deposit if the numbers do not work?
We can provide strong financing evidence and accommodate the seller on closing timing. I would keep the explanation brief, set a reasonable response deadline and avoid presenting the offer as a verdict on the property. What would change my approach is evidence of competing bids, the tenancy position of either unit or a valuation supporting the list price. I am not comfortable waiving inspection, finance or appraisal protection, and I would rather negotiate repair credits after specific defects are identified. How should we cap any appraisal-gap contribution and protect the deposit if the numbers do not work?