The 105 days make a lower opening offer defensible. My concern is that the lack of completed sales leaves me with little protection against a mortgage valuation coming in below the agreed figure.
The Manchester villa is listed at £202,800 and requires updating. I am considering an initial bid 6% under asking, supported by evidence that my financing is in place and by a completion date tailored to the seller if possible. I would keep the explanation focused on condition and the limited sale evidence rather than send a long critique of the property.
I do not want to trade away survey or valuation protection for a better chance of acceptance, as those decisions would be difficult to undo later. Would you include a response date with the offer, and what would you ask the agent about previous reductions, failed sales or the seller’s preferred timing before submitting it?
The Manchester villa is listed at £202,800 and requires updating. I am considering an initial bid 6% under asking, supported by evidence that my financing is in place and by a completion date tailored to the seller if possible. I would keep the explanation focused on condition and the limited sale evidence rather than send a long critique of the property.
I do not want to trade away survey or valuation protection for a better chance of acceptance, as those decisions would be difficult to undo later. Would you include a response date with the offer, and what would you ask the agent about previous reductions, failed sales or the seller’s preferred timing before submitting it?