I was surprised to find that a flat marketed as a new build still needs updating. It is listed in Nairobi at KES 132,900,000 and has been available for 33 days. Active nearby listings broadly support the price, but there are too few completed transactions for me to rely on that figure confidently.
My proposed opening offer is KES 126,255,000, or 5% below asking, with financing evidence and some flexibility over completion. A direct reduction may suit one seller, while a developer concerned about preserving headline prices might respond better to repair work or credits. I therefore need to establish who owns it and what outcome they favour before deciding how to frame the offer.
Price is only part of the risk. I would still want appropriate inspection, valuation and financing conditions, plus clear terms for returning the deposit if a condition fails. Is there anything else I should clarify with the agent before submitting it?
My proposed opening offer is KES 126,255,000, or 5% below asking, with financing evidence and some flexibility over completion. A direct reduction may suit one seller, while a developer concerned about preserving headline prices might respond better to repair work or credits. I therefore need to establish who owns it and what outcome they favour before deciding how to frame the offer.
Price is only part of the risk. I would still want appropriate inspection, valuation and financing conditions, plus clear terms for returning the deposit if a condition fails. Is there anything else I should clarify with the agent before submitting it?