The 70 days on the market caught my attention, but the shortage of completed comparables makes me wary of reading too much into it. This detached Sydney home is listed at A$1,391,000 and needs updating.
I am thinking of offering A$1,321,450, which is 5% under asking, supported by evidence that my financing is arranged and some flexibility over completion. I would explain the price by reference to the condition and the limited sales evidence rather than criticising the seller’s expectations.
Would that come across as a serious opening offer? I can revise the price if better comparables emerge, but I do not want to give up inspection or finance protection under pressure. I’m also considering valuation risk, deposit exposure, the seller’s reason for waiting and whether identified work is better handled through the price or a repair credit.
I am thinking of offering A$1,321,450, which is 5% under asking, supported by evidence that my financing is arranged and some flexibility over completion. I would explain the price by reference to the condition and the limited sales evidence rather than criticising the seller’s expectations.
Would that come across as a serious opening offer? I can revise the price if better comparables emerge, but I do not want to give up inspection or finance protection under pressure. I’m also considering valuation risk, deposit exposure, the seller’s reason for waiting and whether identified work is better handled through the price or a repair credit.