aisha_asks
Homeowner
The unit has only been listed for 11 days, so my main concern is whether a 4% discount is premature rather than whether the figure is defensible. It is a Vancouver retail property asking C$1,904,000, with updating required and too little completed-sale evidence for me to pin down value confidently.
I am considering an opening figure of about C$1.828 million. I could support it with financing proof and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion date, while keeping inspection and financing conditions.
Would you submit that now, or first ask what timing or other term matters to the seller? I also need to decide on a reasonable response deadline, a maximum appraisal gap and deposit exposure. If the inspection identifies material work, I would prefer a specific credit based on the findings rather than arguing over cosmetic items at the outset.
I am considering an opening figure of about C$1.828 million. I could support it with financing proof and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion date, while keeping inspection and financing conditions.
Would you submit that now, or first ask what timing or other term matters to the seller? I also need to decide on a reasonable response deadline, a maximum appraisal gap and deposit exposure. If the inspection identifies material work, I would prefer a specific credit based on the findings rather than arguing over cosmetic items at the outset.