Part of me thinks a new-build flat should justify a firm price, while another part thinks the limited completed-sale evidence supports testing the seller with a lower offer. This Singapore property is listed at S$1,172,000, has been available for 26 days and appears to require some updating.
I am considering opening 4% below asking, backed by proof of finance and flexibility on completion. Would it be better to explain that figure through the available price evidence and leave cosmetic issues out of the discussion?
I would like to keep the offer simple, but not by giving up essential protection around inspection, finance, appraisal or the deposit. A short response deadline and later repair credits only for material findings seem like a possible compromise. Does that approach sound proportionate?
I am considering opening 4% below asking, backed by proof of finance and flexibility on completion. Would it be better to explain that figure through the available price evidence and leave cosmetic issues out of the discussion?
I would like to keep the offer simple, but not by giving up essential protection around inspection, finance, appraisal or the deposit. A short response deadline and later repair credits only for material findings seem like a possible compromise. Does that approach sound proportionate?