The seller is seeking ₹68,890,000, and after only 16 days on the Delhi market I am unsure how much negotiating room there is. The student-housing property requires some work, while the completed sales evidence I can locate is too limited to give me a firm value.
I am thinking of offering 3% less. I could support the bid with financing evidence and accommodate the seller's preferred completion timing, while keeping inspection and financing conditions in place. The explanation would focus on the present condition and the lack of convincing closed-sale evidence, not a catalogue of minor defects.
Would that come across as a serious starting point? I also need to set a sensible expiry time. My next step is to ask whether the property will be transferred vacant or with existing occupants or operating arrangements, since that could affect both the lender's requirements and the inspection.
I am thinking of offering 3% less. I could support the bid with financing evidence and accommodate the seller's preferred completion timing, while keeping inspection and financing conditions in place. The explanation would focus on the present condition and the lack of convincing closed-sale evidence, not a catalogue of minor defects.
Would that come across as a serious starting point? I also need to set a sensible expiry time. My next step is to ask whether the property will be transferred vacant or with existing occupants or operating arrangements, since that could affect both the lender's requirements and the inspection.