We’re considering a three-bedroom detached home in Hong Kong listed at HK$4,797,000. It has been available for 75 days and needs updating. Nearby asking prices are similar, but we haven’t found enough completed sales to establish the likely clearing price.
Would opening 3% below asking be reasonable if we provide financing proof and offer a flexible completion date? We want to explain the figure without insulting the seller. We also need to decide tonight, so I’d appreciate views on inspection protection, an appraisal shortfall and deposit exposure—especially which protections people would not waive.
Would opening 3% below asking be reasonable if we provide financing proof and offer a flexible completion date? We want to explain the figure without insulting the seller. We also need to decide tonight, so I’d appreciate views on inspection protection, an appraisal shortfall and deposit exposure—especially which protections people would not waive.