Offering 2% below asking on a Dubai country home — sensible or too aggressive?

chooseTheMap

Property investor
Established
I’ve narrowed the possible opening bid to AED 4,550,140, which raises a question about how much explanation to include. The Dubai country home is listed at AED 4,643,000, has been on the market for 71 days and requires updating. Similar nearby listings support the general level, but completed comparables are limited.

Would you present the 2% discount as a straightforward evidence-based offer, backed by arranged financing, flexible completion and a reasonable response deadline? I could mention the updating briefly, then leave any repair credit discussion until after inspection. I’m not prepared to remove inspection or financing protection because an appraisal shortfall and the resulting deposit risk would be much harder to undo.
 
Two percent is close enough to asking that the tone should matter more than the discount. I’d keep the explanation short: limited completed-sale evidence, updating required, financing ready, and completion arranged around the seller. Include proof of financing and a clear but reasonable response deadline. Don’t attach a catalogue of cosmetic faults; reserve inspection language for significant defects.
 
Before choosing the deadline, do you know anything about the seller’s motivation? Seventy-one days may create room, but it could also mean the seller is patient rather than pressured. Also decide now what happens if the valuation is below your offer. Would you cover any gap, renegotiate, or walk away? That answer affects how “clean” the financing really looks.
 
Seller motivation is still unknown, so I won’t frame the 71 days as leverage or imply they need to move. I’ll make the offer amount, financing proof and flexible completion the main points, with a response deadline that gives them time to consider it.

On valuation, I’m not prepared to promise an unlimited appraisal gap. I’ll keep financing and inspection protection, and if inspection finds a major issue I’d rather discuss a focused repair credit than reopen negotiations over every update.
 
I’d be cautious about mentioning repair credits in the initial offer when no inspection has happened. That can make a modest 2% discount sound like the start of several further reductions. Submit the clean figure and protections first. If the seller counters near asking, ask whether price or completion timing matters more to them. Before paying any deposit, have the wording on financing, inspection, valuation and release of funds checked for the specific Dubai transaction so you understand exactly when the deposit is exposed.
 
Back
Top