I can either offer close to the $555,000 asking price and preserve goodwill, or start at $482,850 and risk the seller dismissing me. Neither feels comfortable because the detached Atlanta home has been listed for 112 days, requires work, and there are not enough completed comparables to support a precise value.
My financing is straightforward and I can be flexible about completion. I would prefer to keep inspection, financing and appraisal contingencies, then seek a credit only if the inspection finds costly defects rather than dated finishes. Is the 13% reduction best explained briefly through condition and limited sales evidence, or should the offer contain estimated repair figures? My decision rule is different for cosmetic work than for roof, drainage, electrical, or heating and cooling problems.
My financing is straightforward and I can be flexible about completion. I would prefer to keep inspection, financing and appraisal contingencies, then seek a credit only if the inspection finds costly defects rather than dated finishes. Is the 13% reduction best explained briefly through condition and limited sales evidence, or should the offer contain estimated repair figures? My decision rule is different for cosmetic work than for roof, drainage, electrical, or heating and cooling problems.