finch.able
Buyer
The lack of completed sales concerns me more than the 61 days on market. I am looking at a Lagos studio listed for NGN 1,782,000,000, and the available neighbouring listings do not show what purchasers have ultimately agreed to pay. The unit also needs updating.
My possible opening figure is NGN 1,550,340,000, which is 13% under the ask. I could include financing evidence and offer flexibility on completion, but I do not want those points to disguise any lender or valuation conditions that still apply.
Would you first ask what the seller values most, then decide whether to submit that amount? I would keep protection for financing, appraisal and serious inspection findings, while leaving cosmetic work out of the negotiation unless it materially supports the price. If an expensive defect appears, is it cleaner to seek a credit or reconsider the deal? I would also give the offer a clear, reasonable response deadline.
My possible opening figure is NGN 1,550,340,000, which is 13% under the ask. I could include financing evidence and offer flexibility on completion, but I do not want those points to disguise any lender or valuation conditions that still apply.
Would you first ask what the seller values most, then decide whether to submit that amount? I would keep protection for financing, appraisal and serious inspection findings, while leaving cosmetic work out of the negotiation unless it materially supports the price. If an expensive defect appears, is it cleaner to seek a credit or reconsider the deal? I would also give the offer a clear, reasonable response deadline.