corner.solid
Real estate agent
The 64 days on the market made me reconsider how close to asking I should begin. This Atlanta mixed-use building is listed at $660,000 and needs updating, yet there are too few completed comparable sales for me to defend a precise value.
I am leaning towards an opening offer of $574,200, which is 13% lower, supported by financing evidence and flexibility on closing. I understand why starting higher could seem safer when the sales evidence is thin. My alternative is to explain that the number reflects condition and valuation uncertainty, set a clear response deadline, and keep the paperwork simple.
I would still retain inspection, financing and appraisal protection. If completed sales support the price, I could reconsider the figure; if they do not, I would rather hold my limit than take on an appraisal gap. Does that strike the right balance, or would the initial discount end the conversation too quickly?
I am leaning towards an opening offer of $574,200, which is 13% lower, supported by financing evidence and flexibility on closing. I understand why starting higher could seem safer when the sales evidence is thin. My alternative is to explain that the number reflects condition and valuation uncertainty, set a clear response deadline, and keep the paperwork simple.
I would still retain inspection, financing and appraisal protection. If completed sales support the price, I could reconsider the figure; if they do not, I would rather hold my limit than take on an appraisal gap. Does that strike the right balance, or would the initial discount end the conversation too quickly?