quinn.march
Buyer
The 114 days on the market initially made a low opening offer look obvious, but the lack of reliable completed transactions has made me less certain. This Seoul serviced apartment is listed at ₩1,877,000,000 and needs updating, while nearby advertised properties are priced at broadly similar levels.
I’m considering starting 12% lower and supporting the offer with evidence of financing plus flexibility over completion. The difficulty is explaining the number from the limited sales evidence and condition without presenting a made-up renovation bill. I also do not want a cleaner-looking offer at the cost of inspection, financing or appraisal safeguards, especially where my deposit could be at risk. Would you test the seller’s motivation first, or submit the full package and keep a second figure in reserve?
I’m considering starting 12% lower and supporting the offer with evidence of financing plus flexibility over completion. The difficulty is explaining the number from the limited sales evidence and condition without presenting a made-up renovation bill. I also do not want a cleaner-looking offer at the cost of inspection, financing or appraisal safeguards, especially where my deposit could be at risk. Would you test the seller’s motivation first, or submit the full package and keep a second figure in reserve?