selma.crane
First-time buyer
We are considering a new-build flat in Brussels listed at €234,600. It has been available for 47 days and still needs some updating. Nearby asking prices are similar, but I have not found enough completed sales to judge the actual clearing price.
Would an opening offer 11% below asking be sensible, or is that likely to shut down the conversation? Our financing is solid, we can provide proof, and we can be flexible on the completion date. I would keep the explanation factual: limited completed comparables, the time on market, and the cost of the required work, rather than criticising the property.
How long a response deadline would you set, and would you ask for repair credits or reflect everything in the price? I would not want to waive inspection or financing protection. I am also concerned about an appraisal gap and how much of the deposit could be exposed if financing failed. Which contingencies would you insist on in Belgium, and what would you want to know about the seller’s motivation before submitting?
Would an opening offer 11% below asking be sensible, or is that likely to shut down the conversation? Our financing is solid, we can provide proof, and we can be flexible on the completion date. I would keep the explanation factual: limited completed comparables, the time on market, and the cost of the required work, rather than criticising the property.
How long a response deadline would you set, and would you ask for repair credits or reflect everything in the price? I would not want to waive inspection or financing protection. I am also concerned about an appraisal gap and how much of the deposit could be exposed if financing failed. Which contingencies would you insist on in Belgium, and what would you want to know about the seller’s motivation before submitting?