selma_asks
Property investor
My preferred outcome is to buy this Barcelona duplex below its €611,800 asking price, but the lack of completed-sale evidence makes an 11% opening difficult to calibrate. It has been listed for 34 days and requires updating. Similar nearby listings support the seller’s number only in the sense that they show what other owners are asking.
I can provide financing proof and accommodate the seller’s completion timing. Before offering, I plan to ask about motivation, estimate the visible work and find out how a low appraisal would affect the purchase. If those checks support the discount, is 11% a credible starting point, or is it likely to end the discussion too early?
I would rather walk away than remove inspection and financing protection or risk an unmanageable appraisal gap. What would be a calm response deadline that gives the seller time to consider the offer without leaving it open indefinitely?
I can provide financing proof and accommodate the seller’s completion timing. Before offering, I plan to ask about motivation, estimate the visible work and find out how a low appraisal would affect the purchase. If those checks support the discount, is 11% a credible starting point, or is it likely to end the discussion too early?
I would rather walk away than remove inspection and financing protection or risk an unmanageable appraisal gap. What would be a calm response deadline that gives the seller time to consider the offer without leaving it open indefinitely?