The practical problem is limited evidence: nearby listings exist, but I have not found enough completed transactions to support a precise value. The property is a Barcelona duplex advertised at €271,400, has been on the market for 120 days, and needs updating.
I am considering starting about 11% below the asking price, supported by financing proof and some flexibility over completion. I could explain the renovation allowance and set a sensible response deadline, but I do not want price negotiations to expose me to a failed inspection, financing refusal, a low appraisal or loss of the deposit. Does the long marketing period justify that opening figure, and which protections would you refuse to trade away?
I am considering starting about 11% below the asking price, supported by financing proof and some flexibility over completion. I could explain the renovation allowance and set a sensible response deadline, but I do not want price negotiations to expose me to a failed inspection, financing refusal, a low appraisal or loss of the deposit. Does the long marketing period justify that opening figure, and which protections would you refuse to trade away?