The collapsed deal is the detail that made me reconsider a straightforward low offer. This Vancouver warehouse is listed at C$472,500 after 61 days on the market, and it needs updating, but the seller appears willing to wait. I do not yet know whether the earlier buyer lost financing or whether the property, valuation or inspection caused the failure.
Completed-sale evidence is thin, so I am considering C$425,250—10% under the list price—supported by financing evidence and flexible completion. Would it be better to make that conditional on satisfactory inspection, finance and appraisal, then decide whether to proceed once the failed deal and updating costs are clearer? I also want the deposit terms to limit exposure rather than using a large deposit merely to make the offer look stronger.
Completed-sale evidence is thin, so I am considering C$425,250—10% under the list price—supported by financing evidence and flexible completion. Would it be better to make that conditional on satisfactory inspection, finance and appraisal, then decide whether to proceed once the failed deal and updating costs are clearer? I also want the deposit terms to limit exposure rather than using a large deposit merely to make the offer look stronger.