I would like to buy this apartment without overpaying, but the lack of solid completed-sale evidence makes the right opening figure difficult to judge. It is a Tokyo serviced apartment listed at ¥88,740,000, has been on the market for 94 days and appears to require updating.
I am considering an offer 10% under the asking price, backed by evidence of financing and some flexibility over completion. Is that likely to be seen as a serious package rather than an arbitrary reduction? I can walk away if the price is not accepted, but I do not want to surrender inspection or other protections merely to make the discount more appealing. Which conditions would you regard as essential, particularly given the management arrangements attached to a serviced apartment?
I am considering an offer 10% under the asking price, backed by evidence of financing and some flexibility over completion. Is that likely to be seen as a serious package rather than an arbitrary reduction? I can walk away if the price is not accepted, but I do not want to surrender inspection or other protections merely to make the discount more appealing. Which conditions would you regard as essential, particularly given the management arrangements attached to a serviced apartment?