I can either open near €550,620 and risk the seller dismissing me, or move closer to the €611,800 asking price without enough completed-sale evidence to justify it. Neither option feels comfortable when the detached home has spent 82 days on the market and the required work has not yet been separated into cosmetic updates and essential repairs.
Would a 10% reduction be credible if the offer briefly explains the updating budget, includes solid financing evidence and allows some flexibility on completion? The agent says another buyer may drop protections, but I would rather set a clear response deadline than waive important financing or inspection conditions. I’m also considering whether specific repair credits would be easier for the seller to accept than one large price reduction.
Would a 10% reduction be credible if the offer briefly explains the updating budget, includes solid financing evidence and allows some flexibility on completion? The agent says another buyer may drop protections, but I would rather set a clear response deadline than waive important financing or inspection conditions. I’m also considering whether specific repair credits would be easier for the seller to accept than one large price reduction.